For a different reason, I’ve posted the most complete CGBitmapContext example
I’ve seen anywhere (which is why I posted it). You can see it here

        http://www.blinddogsoftware.com/goodies/#DontSpillTheBits

and customize to your needs.

You can ignore the CGLayers, CGImage, and CIImage effects. The bitmap context
creation is what you want to look at.