> On Jun 27, 2017, at 5:18 AM, Alex Zavatone <z...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> We had 3 programmers each with 6 years of iOS development who couldn’t figure
> that out.  We got bitten bad because of that.

Not sure what to say about that … it’s all there in the docs. But it’s a pretty
frequently asked question involving Couchbase Lite too (for apps that want to
continue running replication in the background) so you’re far from the only
team that had trouble finding it.

>>> Now, it might be overkill or just bad design, but we use a CoreData db with
>>> transformable property and encrypt the data stored.
>>
>> How do you store the encryption key?
>
> Not telling.

Fair enough :) Just remember that ‘security through obscurity’ is not effective
in the long run. If your security would be compromised by people knowing this
fact, you’ve got problems.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_through_obscurity

—Jens