On Jun 28, 2017, at 01:38 , Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerri...@icloud.com> wrote:

> I did just that.

Not quite …

> I have a Master View Controller Scene with a MasterViewController ←
> UIViewController (which previously had a TableView, now has a UIView, called
> “Container View” ); it now also has:
> containerView → Container View, and:
> Show segue to “Table View Controller”
>
> And a new: Table View Controller Scene
> This has: Presenting Segues: Show → Container View viewDidLoad:

You don’t want a “show” segue, you want an “embed” segue. I just ran through
the process in a fresh project, and:

— When I dragged a container view into the main view, IB automatically game me
an embedded (plain) view controller.

— I deleted this embedded controller.

— I dragged a new table view controller onto the canvas.

— I control dragged from the container view to the table view controller, and
chose “embed” for the segue.

That runs just fine.