> On 29 Jun 2017, at 12:13, Quincey Morris
> <quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> On Jun 28, 2017, at 22:02 , Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerri...@icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> I had to do two more steps:
>>
>> 1. give the segue an identifier, like: “EmbedSegueToTableViewController”
>>
>> 2. in the UITableViewController which formerly did have a UITableView and
>> now has the container view:
>>
>> - (void)viewDidLoad
>> {
>>      …
>>      [ self performSegueWithIdentifier: @“EmbedSegueToTableViewController”
>> sender: self ];
>> }
>
> That’s bizarre, and shouldn’t be necessary. I just tried my test project
> again to make sure, and the table view appears without needing to do this.

My new TableViewController shows in the Connections Inspector:
Presenting Segues
Embed → Container View viewDidLoad

and also the Container View has:
Triggered Segues
viedDidLoad     TableViewController Embed

What I do not understand: Container View is a UIView, which does not have
viedDidLoad (although its ViewController has such a method).

The ViewController (MasterViewController) which owns Container View has no
Triggered Segues.

> Are you sure this wasn’t a timing problem, where you expected the table view
> to exist before the loading process got to it? I can’t think of any other
> explanation.

The window is controlled by MasterViewController; it does its viewDidLoad;
everything looks fine, but the container View is just a white rectangle.
No prepareForSegue: is called.

But with [ self performSegueWithIdentifier: kSegueToFreshTable sender: self ]
the window contains a tableView and prepareForSegue is called, with
destinationViewController = my new TableViewController.

Kind regards,

Gerriet.