On Jul 12, 2017, at 16:19 , Greg Parker <gpar...@apple.com> wrote:

> "Unowned" means something else in Swift.

I suppose. I guess I’ve internalized “unowned” to mean “unretained but crashes
tidily” in Swift, but “unretained and crashes as messily as possible” in Obj-C.
:) Plus, Swift has “unowned(unsafe)” which means the same thing as “unretained
unsafe” in Obj-C.

(And, yes, I know that Swift “unowned” isn’t precisely unretained. Whoever
thought of this trick should get a round of applause.)

But you drove to me to look at the NSWindow documentation, and it appears that
the “delegate” property is (now) weak, not unsafe unretained. I’m not sure when
this changed.