Not all of these words are bad. In fact some have pretty common utilization.

For example, a “pupil” is another name for a student. This is used every day in
schools here in California and has no negative connotation.

Stalk can have a few meanings. A corn stalk is a pretty good thing, it grows up
from the ground and produces ears of corn. On the other
hand, stalking someone can be bad - it means that you are watching their moves
to perhaps attack them. Unless we are talking about the
military and war, this is generally a bad thing.

Play Lot is a new term, not commonly used at all. Perhaps Playground (which
Apple uses for the Swift development environment), or
sandbox (which has other uses in computing). Sand Lot may work as well. Those
of us who played baseball in our younger days
most likely played on a sand lot (I bet this is done in Japan as well, since
baseball is popular there).

Now I find a negative connotation of Peephole interesting. It can have a
negative connotation, however at downtown construction
projects around the world the barricades and fences generally have peepholes
sop that folks can look at the construction. And I
wonder if anyone really objects to peephole optimization in compilers.

What this really points out is that words in the English language commonly have
multiple meanings. Some of those meanings _may_
be bad, but most are not. And some have been perverted into negative use. Folks
new to English almost always have problems with
our multiple meaning words, and spend a lot of time learning what they really
mean. Helping those people learn our nuances is very
much a worthwhile effort, and one I enjoy.

And, a story. My wife once had lunch with a coworker where they discussed the
ins and outs of creating new processes in Unix. They
received many horrified looks as they discussed forking, child died events and
so forth. It provided much laughter after they explained
what the discussion was all about.

Best of luck learning our complex language. And if we can help, just ask!

- Jack Brindle