Our main window has a tool bar across the top, an outline view on the left, and
a tab view on the right.  Choosing an item from the outline view fills a data
entry screen into a new tab on the right.

We started out using OS 10.11, but just switched to newer OS versions.  10.12
has a couple display quirks but runs OK.  In 10.13 and newer, switching tabs
often crashes.  It gives a warning about releasing a data entry field that is
already released.

In C++, we would diagnose this with a breakpoint in the destructor and then
check the stack trace.  But with ARC, a breakpoint at dealloc just shows
performDelayedCleanup and then main.  No clues to what's wrong.

Is there lore or are there tools for tracking object lifetimes in Obj-C/ARC?

Anything that changed in 10.13 that might be biting us?

Thanks,

Casey McDermott
TurtleSoft.com