The reason for the specific sandbox questions is that my iOS app needs to call
3rd-party functions, some of which create temp files "in place" - as if they
did an fopen("filename.ext","w"). Such temp files appear to be written
"nowhere"...

I was hoping that the sandbox might work along the lines of the "default
working directory" concept in macOS. Can anyone shed light on this?

-Carl