I would start by reading Appleā€™s standard docs on this.

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/FileSystemProgrammingGuide/FileSystemOverview/FileSystemOverview.html

Http://developer.apple.com/app-sandboxing/

There are also ways to share files between app groups, but I am not sure if
this is what you need.

Sent from my iPhone