> On Jun 28, 2019, at 9:39 PM, Dave Fernandes via Cocoa-dev
> <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com> wrote:
>
> Not a comprehensive list, but a start...
> https://github.com/ashfurrow/xcode-hardware-performance

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I was surprised to see Custom Hackintosh machines contributing to the Xcode
build performance data.

> On Jul 1, 2019, at 12:07 PM, Steve Mykytyn via Cocoa-dev
> <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com> wrote:
>
> Looking at Activity Monitor during the build, all four CPU cores are
> utilized symmetrically, the four hyper-threads somewhat less.

I have an older Mac Pro (Quad-Core Intel Xeon) and the same thing happens.
During build the CPU scores are heavily used but the hyper-threads somewhat
less.

I always thought the physical cores and hyper-threads were used the same
amount, but that is not the case. Apparently the physical cores are more
powerful than the virtual cores. I never knew that.

--Richard Charles