There used to be a control panel for this but Instruments lets you disable
hyper threading and cores that is a systemwide setting.

The guys over at PSODFKit got distcc working with ccache for “stupid fast
builds” in Objective-C.

https://pspdfkit.com/blog/2017/crazy-fast-builds-using-distcc/

Enjoy,
Alex Zavatone