> pet 26.07.2019., at 03.08, Rob Petrovec wrote:
>
> I would not recommend using those deprecated API.  They are not long for this
> world.  With that said, I don’t have a better solution.

Yeah, I’d like ti avoid using that too.

> pet 26.07.2019., at 03.30, Steve Mills via Cocoa-dev wrote:
>
> Yeah, hard to say how much longer they'll be available. You could always add
> a single item using a custom NSPasteboardWriting class and supply your own
> image. It would hold the multiple items and write them.

The thing is, in that dragging session I have to supply a list of URLs, so that
other applications expecting URLs (like Finder, for example) would accept them.
As a matter of fact, speaking about specifics, what I really want is to do is
drag a couple of URLs into System Preferences’ “Full Disk Access” list, and
that one accepts only lists of URLs, as far as I know.

Now, I want it to look like a user is only dragging an icon of my application
(which he/she really does), but application’s privileged helper needs to be
added into “Full Disk Access” too. I don’t want user to see that (and
potentially get confused), so my intention is to show just application’s icon
during the drag. That works okay (the second dragging items has no content),
but since I actually have two dragging items, the count badge appears, and that
doesn’t look very nice.

Speaking of above mentioned deprecated method, I tried to use it and write URLs
to the dragging pasteboard using -[NSPasteboard writeObjects:]. That worked
well and looked exactly as I wanted on Mojave, but on Catalina it throws
exception for “there are two dragging items but only one dragging image, there
should be one image per item”.

Finally, I know of application which does exactly the same as I described and
want. The session contained three dragging items, but the badge was hidden. So
I thought there could be something obvious I may be missing. Now it seems to me
that only can be done through private API calls and/ore other hackery.

Cheers,
-- Dragan