Hi,

As part of a process of porting an app from Carbon to Cocoa I'm needing to have Carbon and Cocoa windows present at the same time. The Carbon event loop is therefore still in place.

I've just started implementing the Cocoa windows. The NSView subclasses involved are receiving drawRect: messages but are not receiving mouseDown:.

Incidentally Cocoa menus and modal dialogs are already working, so that is a sign that Cocoa events are to some degree alive and well.

There is one other curious symptom. The Cocoa windows can be resized from the corner, and in the window with a split view, the splitter can be dragged. However, either can only be done when the window involved is *not* frontmost. (Of course immediately after the drag that window becomes frontmost so a similar drag can not be repeated on the same window.)

In theory obviously I can rip out the Carbon event stuff and just rebuild from the ground up, but I'm hoping I can solve these issues since I foresee a more gracious process this way.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Kurt Bigler