Hi all

In a couple of months I'll be starting a macOS Swift 5 project and if
possible I'd like to separate as the business networking logic so that it
can be reused in a Windows app in the future.

Ideally I'd want to statically link the library but I've also considered
using dynamic libraries, or even include binaries in my app and execute
them via Process().

I've considered a multitude of corssplatform options (JVM, QT, Xamarin,
etc) but quite frankly I'd rather maintain one codebase per platform than
use one of those which could introduce more problems than they solve.

I'd prefer avoiding C++ if possible. My first choice would have been using
Go which can compile to .so shared objects but Xcode cannot use those
without some bridge written in C. I've read Rust can compile to a dylib for
Xcode.

Has anyone any recommendations or tips to share?

Thanks in advance.

Pier