> On Oct 20, 2019, at 8:27 AM, Aandi Inston <aa...@quite.com> wrote:
>
> We have a workaround, which is to move our right click processing onto
> MouseUp, which is passed up the responder chain as we wish in both 32 and 64
> bit systems. But I remain curious as to what the docs are actually telling me.

From NSResponder documentation.

"Prior to OS X v10.7, NSView did not pass unhandled rightMouseDown(with:)
events up the responder chain. In macOS 10.7 and later, NSView passes
rightMouseDown(with:) events up the responder chain if AppKit doesn’t find an
associated context menu to display for the view. To avoid binary compatibility
issues, this new behavior is enabled only for applications linked on macOS 10.7
or later."

Sounds straight forward to me. Perhaps you need to read it again.

I created a new app with Xcode 9.2 and linked to 10.13. Created a custom view
and custom window with rightMouseDown logging. Built the app for 32 bit and 64
bit. An unhandled rightMouseDown is passed promptly from view to window in both
cases.

Also the NSView documentation states.

"Because NSView changes the default behavior of the rightMouseDown: method, you
should call super when implementing that method in your custom subclasses."

Are you doing this?

--Richard Charles