> On Oct 24, 2019, at 7:04 AM, Turtle Creek Software via Cocoa-dev
> <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to fix this stuff?

> For the rest, Apple really needs to listen to developers more.

Some random thoughts.

Before September 2014 the developer documentation was excellent. Excellent
online documentation with downloadable and searchable pdfs. Now all pdfs are
gone and online documentation is like art on display in a museum. Great to look
at but not very usable.

I think you missed a step when learning Cocoa. A great way to start is with
something like Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X by Aaron Hillegass. It has lots
of examples to reinforce what you are learning.

Hopefully the Feedback Assistant will bring better results than the Bug
Reporter.

Apple Developer Forums are perhaps like the current documentation. Nice to look
at but not very useful. Interesting that this list has had somewhat of a
resurgence in recent months.

Apple sample code should compile and run on the current version of Xcode.
Period. What good is sample code if it takes a day to get it up and running.

--Richard Charles