On 25-Jun-08, at 12:04 PM, HAMSoft Admin wrote:

I'm really new at this so please be kind!

I recently learned how to make menu item keyboard shortcuts for my program. The problem is that on the next launch of the program the shortcuts are gone, so they are not being automatically saved. Is there a setting in IB for my menu to enable auto-saving of them or do I have to do it manually? I'm setting them with something like this:

[menuitem setKeyEquivalentModifierMask:NSControlKeyMask | NSCommandKeyMask];
[menuitem setKeyEquivalent:@"U"];

If I have to do it manually I'm not sure how. First to get the modifier keys for a particular menu item I'm using this...

int thekmm = [menuitem keyEquivalentModifierMask];

But I don't understand the returned integer. Plus do I have to create an array of modifiers and keys for every menu item in my program and save/restore that on every launch? Thant doesn't make sense, so there must be an easier way.

Thanks,
Hank

Hello -

Have you considered setting your keyboard shortcuts in IB? Just select your menu item in IB and change the "Key Equiv." from the attributes panel.

-Bob Warwick