Gabriel,  (this is a dup reply, forgot to cc list)

How are you setting up you global event monitor?

I use this to handle catching mouse moved event when my app is not in the
foreground…. maybe you use something like this
Just watch out for a lot of events and making your app a CPU hog.

    [NSEvent addGlobalMonitorForEventsMatchingMask:NSMouseMovedMask
                                           handler:
     ^(NSEvent * _Nonnull event)
     {
            // Do stuff to handle events that I care about
     }];

Sandor