I know this mailing list might not be the perfect fit for my question,
but maybe someone has an idea.

I have a problem converting points (I think) to pixels in a bash script.
I'd rather not write an extra C/Cocoa utility for that.

Using
   system_profiler SPDisplaysDataType
I can retrieve the size of a Mac's display in pixels.

However, the command

   tell application "System Events" to get the size of every window of every
process

(which I execute from my bash script using osascript) apparently does NOT
return window sizes in pixels. I guess it's the strange "Apple points" units.
According to my experiments, on my MacBook Pro Retina, for instance, a
fullscreen app (e.g., Keynote presentation) has a window size of 1680 x 1050.
By contrast, system_profiler reports 2880 x 1800.

So, the question is: how can I determine the screen size of a Mac from my bash
script in the same units like "System Events" uses?
Or, how can I determine the factor by which I have to convert pixels into those
other units?

Many thanks in advance for any insights or hints.

Best regards, Gabriel