> In particular, you're not taking into account the current screen resolution
> (a.k.a. display mode).  The user can select different scaling for a Retina
> display in System Preferences > Displays.

Good point.
I wasn't taking that into consideration.

So, what would be a robust way to determine whether or not a window (as
reported by "System Events") has a fullscreen size?

Or is there another way to determine whether or not an app is in fullscreen?

> First, you're going to have to explain exactly what you're planning to do
> with the results of your calculation.  Do you really want the physical screen
> size?  Or do you want the size of the

I only want to have a little shell script
(or other little utility ) that runs inconspicuously in the background (or in
the top right menu bar) and launches a specific app once the user has been
inactive for a while,
UNLESS there is another app running at the moment in fullscreen.

Does anyone have some code they could share?

Best regards, Gabriel