Hi,

Apple say:

/Application Support : Contains all app-specific data and support files. These are the files that your app creates and manages on behalf of the user and can include files that contain user data.// //By convention, all of these items should be put in a subdirectory whose name matches the bundle identifier of the app. For example, if your app is named MyApp and has the bundle identifier com.example.MyApp, you would put your app’s user-specific data files and resources in the ~/Library/Application Support/com.example.MyApp/ directory. Your app is responsible for creating this directory as needed.// //Resources required by the app to run must be placed inside the app bundle itself.//
/
Our app isn't sandboxed, but when I try to create a "/Library/Application Support/NewFolder" folder in there I get the following message:

/*You don't have permission to save the file "NewFolder" in the folder "Application Support."*/

I can't find anywhere else suitable to use for sharing files that need to be read and written by different users - /Users/Shared doesn't seem right, and apparently we can't access /Library without authorization.

Where can I store files that should be user-independent, but also writable by our application? It would **** if I ended up having to duplicate files multiple times if different users used an app on the same machine.

Thanks

Davidap