Becouse is not a good place for sharing things since it is not accessible by
anyone but the ~ user.

Davidap

El 14/4/21 a las 18:41, Ben Kennedy escribió:

On 14 Apr 2021, at 1:14 am, Davidap via Cocoa-dev <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com>
wrote:

Apple say:

[...] For example, if your app is named MyApp and has the bundle identifier
com.example.MyApp, you would put your app’s user-specific data files and
resources in the ~/Library/Application Support/com.example.MyApp/ directory.
Your app is responsible for creating this directory as needed.

Our app isn't sandboxed, but when I try to create a "/Library/Application
Support/NewFolder" folder in there I get the following message:

/*You don't have permission to save the file "NewFolder" in the folder "Application
Support."*/
You misread. The passage you quoted above indicates "~/Library/Application
Support"; i.e. under the Library inside the user's home directory.

I can't find anywhere else suitable to use for sharing files that need to be
read and written by different users - /Users/Shared doesn't seem right
Why not?

-ben