Hi,

Shared data is common to all users, but the user never edits its content. The file contains encrypted data for the correct operation of the program. You are thinking of a typical text editor, for example, but it is not something like that. In this case, I need shared data for all users that don't depend on the user itself.

What I'm using is a remote server to update this data and share it between users, but I think it isn't the most efficient way. I hadn't thought of a local server, never had. But I look at / App Support and see data from other non-Apple apps. and I don't understand why the rest can't eg Adobe, Google ;-).

Regards

Davidap