Thanks for the help, Rob

Is it always going to be the same search?  If so, you could create a Saved
> Search in the Finder and include it with your app.  Then when you want to
> bring up the search you can open the Saved Search bundle and it will open
> in the Finder.  Hope that helps.

I was hoping to pass it in so that search parameters are still accessible
to the user.
Basically the same as CMD+F and entering some search parameters.
That would be the ideal solution.

But maybe a Saved Search could be a workaround.
I am quite sure it would be OK if the user could see and change the
properties of the Saved Search.

But I could not figure out how to edit a Saved Search myself yet 🙃

Is there a way to edit a Saved Search?

cheers,
Torsten