This might be an actual good application of launching a compiled AppleScript or
even an Automator action.

I seem to remember making terminal applications in Xcode.  I wonder if you
could do that with an AS-OC script and then just call the application within
your bundle to

Activate the Finder
Open a new window
Press command F
Type text.

Of course, you’d need to request GUI Scripting control.

You could also just have the compiled script within your bundle and call it.
Just compile it  using osacompile.

osacompile -o output.app input.applescript

Cheers,
Alex Zavatone