How can I robustly check in my app whether or not there is any other window
running in full-screen?

I would like to prevent my app from going full-screen if another app is
currently running in full-screen.
(For instance, when the user is watching a video in Quicktime Player or Safari
in full-screen, or is having a video call, then they probably don't want my app
to interfere.)

So far, I did that with the following lines of code (omitting some minor
details):

guard let winArray = CGWindowListCopyWindowInfo(options, kCGNullWindowID) as?
[[ String : Any]]
else { .. }
for winInfo in winArray
{
    guard let boundsDict = winInfo[kCGWindowBounds as String] as! CFDictionary?
    else { .. }
    guard let win_rect = CGRect.init( dictionaryRepresentation: boundsDict )
    if ( __CGSizeEqualToSize( win_rect.size, mainScreen.frame.size) )
      .. found full-screen window ..
}

Now, this does not work any more on Mac's with "the notch".
At least, the Quicktime full-screen window, and a youtube video playing in
Safari in full-screen,  is smaller than the mainScreen.frame.size .

I guess I could detect whether or not it's a Mac with the notch, and use a
smaller mainScreen.frame.size accordingly;
but I am pretty sure this would break with the next Mac models again.

So, I am looking for something more future-proof.

Best regards, Gabriel