Thanks a million!
(and sorry for the late response)

For the record (i.e., Google's databases), in case somebody else googles for
this:
this seems to recognize full-screen windows even on Mac's with a notch:

   if ( win_rect.size.width >= mainScreen.visibleFrame.size.width &&
        win_rect.size.height >= mainScreen.visibleFrame.size.height  )

Best regards, Gabriel