I am setting up a signal handler in my app like this:

   void *e = signal( SIGUSR1, signal_handler );
   if ( e == SIG_ERR )

It works (i can 'kill -30 <pid>'), BUT ONLY, if I run my app outside of Xcode.

When I launch it from Xcode, and I send a SIGUSR1 to my app, it always breaks
at mach_msg2_trap.
Obviously, this is a bit tedious for developing, since now I always have to go
through Product / Archive / Distribute ...

Any ideas, how I can prevent this from happening?

And it's unclear to me what's going on. Can Xcode really prevent signal(3) from
installing a signal handler?
Or does a kill on the command line deliver the signal to several processes, one
of them, maybe, an ancillary process from Xcode?

Best regards, Gabriel