On 26 Jun '08, at 11:36 AM, Hamish Allan wrote:

What we really need is for the cocoa-dev list admin page to require
new subscribers to type in the phrase "I will not make posts about the
iPhone or Snow Leopard" :)

No, you've bought into the whole reality distortion field. What we _really_ need is for Apple to allow developer discussion of NDA'ed products. If there were an *Ph*n* mailing list on this server, and if that list were mentioned in the SDK or on the *Ph*n* developer home page, people would see it and go there to post. The list could be set up to require ADC membership to subscribe, so as to preserve the airtight confidentiality of all details of the *Ph*n* SDK.

Of course, this would have to be in some hypothetical parallel universe where the anonymous responsible personages at Apple actually understood the usefulness of the Internet and of allowing developers to talk with each other. In our universe, they remain mired in their bunker mentality, leaving it up to the longsuffering list admins like Scott to clean up after their shortsightedness.

—Jens [consider my wrist already