On Jun 30, 2008, at 7:14 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm writing my first project in Leopard and can't figure out how to accomplish the old "Subclass NSObject/Generate Files/Instantiate" series of steps in Interface Builder 3.1.

What you typically do is to create the subclass in Xcode, and not in IB. Once you've done that, switch back to IB and drag in a generic NSObject from the Library (it looks like a blue cube). Hit Cmd+6 to open the identity inspector, and type the name of the class that you want to instantiate.