Hi,

I am trying to do a periodic update based on the contents of a url, but when
the website is down with 5** error, I would like to not wait more than a couple
of seconds. So, I wrote the following code :

url = [NSURL ...];

updateTimer = [[NSTimer scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval:60.0
target:self selector:@selector(update:)

                      userInfo:nil repeats:YES] retain];

[updateTimer fire];

-(void)update:(id)sender

{

    NSURLRequest *urlRequest = [NSURLRequest requestWithURL:url
cachePolicy:NSURLRequestReloadIgnoringCacheData timeoutInterval:5];

    NSURLResponse *urlResponse;

    NSLog(@" Before ");

    NSData *urlData = [NSURLConnection sendSynchronousRequest:urlRequest
returningResponse:&urlResponse error:&error];

    NSLog(@" After : Error = %@ ",error);

But when i run the app, the "After" statement with "timed out" message is
logged after 30 seconds from the "Before" statement. When I set the
timeoutInterval between 30.1 to 59.9, it is printed after 60 seconds and so on.
I don't know how to get it to work in desired time intervals. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks