I need to read and write a .dict file to keep state for my application. i'm new
to cocoa so i don't know how a cocoa app should handle state files.

i do have .dict files as resources in xcode; i've heard, but don't know how to,
that you can save ".dict" file inbetween an application; and that your
application automatically does this for certain standard features.

i need to do this with a file saving information for the application/user in
the right place.

this file can grow large.

thanks+

You don't get no juice unless you squeeze
Lemon Obrien, the Third.

http://www.tamago.us