On 6 Jul 2008, at 6:02 PM, Keith Duncan wrote:

It's all very well that you can read and write to them directly; but it really isn't advisable. I'm certain the docs state NOT to assume the preference format either though I can't find it now, you simply need to take package receipts as an example though.

If the docs don't say this, they should[1]; if you're manipulating preferences domains, the only supported way to do it is use the CFPreferences or NSUserDefaults APIs.

.chris

[1] I'm pretty sure they do, probably pretty close to the paragraph that talks about not hard-coding the paths.

--
Chris Parker
Cocoa Frameworks