On Jul 10, 2008, at 7:42 PM, Tom Jones wrote:

I would like to write a app to be able to talk to a couple of different types of databases (MySQL, Oracle). I'm thinking that JDBC is the way to go. Does anyone know of any JDBC frameworks and examples that you can point me towards, I cant seem to really find much.

JDBC is a Java thing. What you want to do is use ODBC instead. ODBC is part of Mac OS X, and at one point there was a ObjC framework for ODBC called "iODBC"; you might want to search around for that.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>