This seems to be revisiting an old question, but I haven't been able to
find an answer.

I have an existing set of data in sqlite.  To be honest, it isn't set up in
the schema I'd most like, yet, but in sqlite I know how to transform it,
and put it into the desired schema.

I like the features core data/ XCode gives, and don't like the Cocoa
wrappers for sqlite (that I've found) for one reason or another -- old, not
apparently supported, third party, require too much tinkering, ....

So, being new to Cocoa, XCode, objective-c,  How do I get my data into my
new Cocoa / core data "database"?

I can think of two approaches off hand:

1) a) generate my application in XCode, use the sqlite storage option, put
in some dummy data, then use sqlite3 to explore the resulting schema, b)
transform my data into the new schema using sqlite3 and sql.  Replace the
sqlite file created by my application with the new one containing my real
data.

2) writing an import routine for my application, using NSTask (?) and
sqlite3.  This would likely only be used once.

Thanks for any guidance!

Best,

John V.