On 12 Jul '08, at 8:25 PM, John Velman wrote:

I'd be happy to be pointed to the right documentation! I've read a few hundred pages in the past week, but haven't come across anything directly
related to this.

Introduction to the sqlite3 API: http://www.sqlite.org/cintro.html
Full API reference: http://www.sqlite.org/capi3ref.html

It's pretty straightforward, but I think it'd probably make more sense for you to use an existing wrapper like QuickLite or FMDB. There's nothing wrong with third party code; it's what you're writing yourself, after all, and you can save time by taking advantage of someone else's having written the same code already.

—Jens