On Jul 15, 2008, at 2:01 PM, John Love wrote:
it just would be nice
if Cocoa's "Category" would meld with Merriam Webster's definition of
"category" .. probably too much to ask.

It does.  Did you see my earlier reply?

Programmers are rarely accused of using "plain English" all the time,
anyway.

It's true we redefine words a lot, and we don't always do so in a way that fits well with the original "plain English" meaning. But in this case, I think "category" makes perfect sense.

--Andy