Hi John,

If you use Carbon, you can use FSFindFolder() to find the application
support folder and have Carbon create it for you by passing kCreateFolder as
an argument. However, if you are using Cocoa, I'm not sure
if NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains() creates folders when you search for
a path, as this is not obvious in the documentation. I would imagine it
would, but I would double check that this is the case. I also would not be
sure if that is a consistent behaviour among releases of Mac OS X, either.
Ideas, anyone else?

Hope this helps,

Kiel

You wrote:

Hello,

A generic install of Leopard produces a file system with NO
/Library/Application Support directory.

Is this directory something that is created by an Xcode install?

John F. Richardson