On 28 Jul 2008, at 6:17 pm, Ken Tozier wrote:

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what saveGraphicsState does, behind the scenes, but I actually need to draw into the passed in CGPDFContext, not any sort of view/image/winbow context. Best I can figure, this requires a forced context switch, not just saving and restoring the graphics state of whatever context happens to be current.

I couldn't find any way to draw into a CGGraphicsContext with NSxxx drawing commands without first creating a new context from the CGContext and second manually setting this context to be the current one. Is there a better/cleaner way?

OK, so you need to do something like this (typed into mail)

- (void) myDrawStuffInContext:(CGContextRef) aContext
{
    [NSGraphicsContext saveGraphicsState];

NSGraphicsContext* myNSContext = [NSGraphcsContext graphicsContextWithGraphicsPort:aContext flipped:NO]; // make NSGraphicsContext from CGContext [NSGraphicsContext setCurrentContext:myNSContext]; // switch to this context

    /* do all my drawing */

    [NSGraphicsContext restoreGraphicsState];
}

hth,

Graham