I have a formal protocol that declares two methods. I have a class that adopts this protocol. This class implements one of the protocol methods. This class inherits from another class. This super class actually implements a method matching the signature of the second method declared in the protocol. Everything runs just fine, however, the compiler insists something is wrong by warning me "incomplete implementation of class X", "method definition for '<method-name>' not found", and class 'X' does not fully implement the 'Y' protocol".

I think the compiler is wrong. Or is this "by design" according to some strict rule(s) of Objective-C? Am I expected to redefine the method I inherit from my super class if the method is part of a protocol I adopt?

Mark Sanvitale
Exbiblio
[EMAIL PROTECTED]