I'm trying to use my application icon (icns) in a custom view to be draw in the background of a window, like Installer.app does. I can do all this just fine, but when I draw the image using - drawInRect:fromRect:operation:fraction:, it comes out at 128x128 instead of the full 512x512. -size returns an NSSize of {128, 128}, but -representations clearly shows that it contains representations all the way from 16x16 to 512x512. My question is, how do I use the largest representation for drawing? Do I have to do [[img bestRepresentationForDevice:[NSDictionary dictionaryWithObject: [NSValue valueWithSize:NSMakeSize(512, 512)] forKey:NSDeviceResolution]] drawInRect:rect]; or is there a better way?