I've got an app with a NSOutlineView and NSBrowser view of the same
data (the file system).

I preserve the user's selection between when switching between views.

A lot of the time, the NSBrowser scrolls to show the entire selected
column. However, sometimes, only a portion of the selected column gets
shown, even when I call -[NSBrowser scrollColumnToVisible] explicitly.

I get the impression that NSBrowser is checking to see whether any of
the selected column is visible, and if so, not scrolling at all.

What I'd hoped would happen is that it would scroll to show all of the
column - it seems that forcing this behaviour programmatically is
difficult, as NSBrowser only allows scrolling by column indexes.

Is the behaviour I'm seeing (not all column made visible if any is
already visible) the expected behaviour?

--
http://www.mildmanneredindustries.com/