Well, I can't speak for James, but I have forced the thumbnail creation to have at most 10 files opened at the same time, and it doesn't make a difference... I could understand a memory allocation issue, if the app didn't take roughly 100 megs of RAM. And besides, I can see there's a difference between running in debug and release mode too...

Does anyone know what -11 means? Let's forget for a minute how we do things, I guess James and I don't have the same app, the same goals and the same method of getting the images... If the lib explicitely indicates that it's a -11 error, maybe there's a simple explanation?