--- On Mon, 8/11/08, Trygve Inda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My main thread creates a few other objects which have
> NSThreads and/or
> timers. I have found that when I quit the app, and the
> threads are ended,
> something in the OS is retaining my objects for a bit...
> They end up never
> being dealloc'd which messes a few things up as some
> data is written to disk
> at this point.

>From the docs:
"Note that when an application terminates, objects may not be sent a dealloc
message since the process’s memory is automatically cleared on exit—it is more
efficient simply to allow the operating system to clean up resources than to
invoke all the memory management methods."

In other words, you shouldn't assume dealloc will be called and it's generally
not a good idea to perform essential cleanup there. The designated place for
application cleanup code is applicationWillTerminate:.

Cheers,
Chuck