Am Mo,11.08.2008 um 20:33 schrieb Trygve Inda:

My main thread creates a few other objects which have NSThreads and/or
timers. I have found that when I quit the app, and the threads are ended, something in the OS is retaining my objects for a bit... They end up never being dealloc'd which messes a few things up as some data is written to disk
at this point.
[…]
What you are doing is finalization. In most cases this is simply a wrong design. -dealloc is for

1. memory management
2. memory management
3. memory management

It is not for additional functionality bound to an instance. (I do know what I talk about, because I did this mistake many times.)

If you find no other solution just register your threads (whatever) in the app-delegate and clean it up at -applicationDidFinishLaunching..

Amin Negm-Awad
[EMAIL PROTECTED]