on 2008-08-12 12:04 PM, Josh at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm trying to get started w/viewing/editing/interacting with the memory of
> another running application but I'm not where to get started.

It isn't clear to me what you mean.

When some people ask questions like this, what they really mean is that they
want to be able to control the other application's windows, menus, etc.
There are several ways to do that, including the Accessibility API and
Quartz Event Taps.

Other people really mean that they want to share the data used by the other
application. If you wrote the other program, you can do that in a variety of
ways, including shared preferences and distributed notifications. Even if
you didn't write the other program, you may be able to do something with its
documents or, if it supports AppleScript, with its terminology dictionary.
Even if it doesn't support AppleScript, you can probably control it and thus
get at its data using GUI Scripting.

Other people mean literally accessing the RAM currently in use by the other
application, and I have no idea how you would go about approaching that
task.

--

Bill Cheeseman - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quechee Software, Quechee, Vermont, USA