Hi Douglas!

Thanks for writing. I realize this isn't something people do too much of, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

On Aug 15, 2008, at 9:45 AM, douglas welton wrote:
How complex is your path? if it's linear, why not just tell the view's animator to do it?
That's the trick. I'm using linear paths now, and they just don't look as awesome as I'd like them to. I'd like to use a curve.

If it's more complex, you might want to check out NSAnimation and NSViewAnimation (particularly the progress marks and delegates in these two classes)
Okay, I'll do that. And that would work for views, too, right?

Have you taken a look at the CocoaSlides sample code? Is this the type of thing you are trying to do?
Yes, I've looked at it a bit. It appears they're setting locations and using the views' animators to perform linear movement to the destination coordinates. Unfortunately, that doesn't help, as it's what I'm already doing. I want to do things like 'hop' a view (like bouncing--with a tiny vertical offset) from Point A to Point B instead of just sliding it smoothly between them.

Thanks!
-Chilton