I'm assuming that you are using NSArrayControllers in your Interface Builder nib/xib file...

Bind the Content Set for the rgb controller to the collection controller's 'selection' with a model key path of whatever your relationship is called (ie the to-many relationship in the collection entity that points to the rgb values objects). This will offer the restriction you need to have bound tableviews showing only the rgb values that are related to a selected collection object.

You can also then bind the enabled attribute of your Add button to the rgb controller's canAdd key. The button will then only be enabled if there is an object created and selected in your collection array controller.

Tim