I've used AsyncSocket before but not too extensively. It seems to work just fine and I don't really have any complaints about it.

Devon

On 16-Aug-08, at 2:27 PM, Brad Gibbs wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a Cocoa class to establish a TCP socket with another machine on a local network (non-OS X). I've found Omni Networking, AsyncSocket and NetSocket. I've read conflicting reports of the suitability of NSSocketPort for non-DO-related work. I would like to be able to use an SSL certificate, but, beyond that, my needs aren't exotic. Ease-of-use and reliability would be a big plus. I've also considered a Ruby class that would handle the TCP messaging and pass responses back to the Cocoa-based app. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brad