The black color you're seeing when editing is the -backgroundColor of the table view. Just override that method and return a more appropriate color.

On 18-Aug-08, at 11:00 AM, Tim Andersson wrote:

I'm using the NSTextFieldCell in a NSTableView.

When using a NSTextField without a border and focus ring, the only thing that happens when you start editing the field is that the text is highlighted. When I edit my NSTextFieldCell (Without border and focus ring) in my NSTableView, the background goes black and a white border is shown around it, as the following picture shows: http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5513/bild2su2.png

I hope that clarifies what I'm trying to do. :)

Cheers,

Tim Andersson